Health Care Coordinator
Do you want to make a positive difference in the lives of people with disabilities? If so, Independent Lifestyles (ILICIL) may be the place for you. We are a private, non-profit, non-residential, certified Center for Independent Living that provides a wide array of services with a philosophy of consumer control for all people with disabilities to enhance and maintain their independent living. Our mission is “a team promoting independence and choices for people with disabilities, their families, and communities”. The foundation of our organization is to provide accessibility, education, opportunity and resources to empower people with all types of disabilities to realize there are no limits to reaching their potential.
We are seeking a full-time Health Care Coordinator to join our team.
Duties/responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide care coordination to adults with disabilities based on assessment, including coordinating the delivery of the approved medical and social services
- Responsible for assessing the medical and social needs of the member and ensuring they receive all of the necessary care and services they require
- Conduct assessment with members
- Create a care plan
- Communicate with physicians, providers and county social workers to discuss the care plan and provide updates on member progress as needed
- Assist member with transition of care to/from health care facilities
- Act as an advocate for the member
- Complete required documentation
- Ensure that all timelines are followed and adhered to
- Work with individuals with a variety of disabilities including developmentally disabled and mental health
- Travel throughout several Metro counties to meet consumers in the community and/or their home
- Must have a current MN license as an RN or SW; or if not, must have a four-year degree in a closely related field, three or more years of experience in home and community based services and experience working with people with disabilities.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Ability to network
- Time management
- Maintain confidentiality
- Ability to take initiative, work independently with minimal supervision and be dependable
- Creative thinking and solves problems effectively
- Patient with others
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Organized and attentive to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, complex and diverse situations
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a reliable, insured vehicle with a clean driving record
- Must pass background study
Benefits based on hours worked include:
- Health, Dental, Life, 403B, Holidays and PTO
- Supervision for LSW license provided through agency (if needed)
- Competitive based on experience
What makes Independent Lifestyles different?
We are a consumer directed organization providing valuable services to the disability community. The core element of our operating philosophy is “don’t make people with disabilities depend on you”. We are dedicated to the full promotion of independent living (IL) philosophy supporting all individuals affected by disabilities in their personal efforts to pursue self-directed lives. Our central goal is to directly provide an individualized, meaningful and complete combination of services for people with all disabilities and of all ages. For more information check out our website: www.independentlifestyles.org.
Persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Review of candidates will begin immediately. Application will be accepted until the position is filled. Send cover letter and resume to Danellest@independentlifestyles.org. EOE/AA.
Getting Hired at Independent Lifestyles, Inc. – What you can expect
Step 1: Application for Employment and Applicant Survey Form
The first step in applying for a position with Independent Lifestyles, Inc. is to respond to our job posting with your cover letter and resume (preferred via email) to the Contracts & HR Director. If you meet the minimum qualifications you may receive an Application for Employment and Applicant Survey Form to complete and return. The application will provide us with details of your knowledge, skills and experience as it relates to the positon in which you are applying. It is important for you to complete the application completely to ensure that it can be submitted successfully. Any application with missing information will not be considered complete and will not be reviewed. Completing the application accurately and honestly also ensures your employment will not be rescinded for incorrect statements or information. As an Affirmative Action employer, we must monitor our equal opportunity employment and affirmative action plan and report the results to government agencies. Providing the survey information is completely voluntary. When we receive the Applicant Survey Form we will immediately place in a confidential file separate from your application. This form is NOT used for employment decisions. Once your completed information has been received, they will be reviewed by the Contracts & HR Director. If your skills and experience are found to match the job opening, you may be contacted for a phone interview. Should you require reasonable accessibility accommodations for the first or any subsequent interviews, please provide your request to the Contracts & HR Director, to ensure that these accommodation needs are addressed.
Step 2: Phone Screen
If selected, you may receive a phone call from someone on the interview team. During this brief phone call, we will spend time getting to know you, clarify information you submitted and about your interest in the position. You will also have an opportunity to ask some questions that you may have.
Step 3: Face – to – Face Interview
If selected, you will be contacted to schedule a face-to-face interview. You may participate in one or more interviews with members of the Independent Lifestyles staff. The interview will determine your suitability for employment. It will also provide you with an opportunity to ask questions. The interview is a great opportunity for you to better understand the position you are applying for, and allow you to hear first hand what it is like to work at Independent Lifestyles.
Step 4: On-board
If selected for the position, you will be notified via phone. Once a start date has been established you will receive a welcome letter and some new hire paperwork. When you report for work you will continue with more “new hire” paperwork and receive orientation about the agency and your job.