Housekeeper- Camp Bliss, Walker MN
- Beautiful work location
- Unmatched work culture
Camp Bliss hosts a variety of 2-3 day retreats, primarily for Veterans and people with disabilities. In addition, we rent out our facilities to private groups. We are seeking a part-time housekeeper to join our team at Camp Bliss in Walker, MN. Average of 6-12 hours per week– days needed to work will vary throughout the week.
Duties/responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Follow safety procedures at all times
- Keep rooms, facilities & other areas in clean & orderly condition
- Change bed linens & make beds
- Empty wastebaskets and transport trash to disposal areas
- Clean floors, rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, draperies and window blinds
- Dust & polish furniture & equipment
- Wash windows, walls, ceilings & woodwork
- Disinfect equipment & supplies
- Keep storage areas stocked
- Sweep decks, clean grills and bonfire areas, weeding, pick up branches
- Be at least 16 years old
- Physically able to handle a variety of housekeeping tasks, equipment & cleaning supplies
- Lift and carry up to 25 pounds
- Physically able to climb ladders
- Be dependable
- Ability to take initiative; work independently with minimal supervision
- Time management skills
- Ability to proactively solve problems
- Respectable verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work well under multiple demands
- Organized and attentive to detail
- Must pass background study
- Starting wage $16.00 along with $20 mileage stipend if traveling 10 or more miles to Camp Bliss.
Check out our website at www.independentlifestyles.org.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Application will be accepted until the position is filled. Send note of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org–include your phone number & personal email address. EOE/AA.
Getting Hired at Independent Lifestyles, Inc. – What you can expect
Step 1: Application for Employment and Applicant Survey Form
The first step in applying for a position with Independent Lifestyles, Inc. is to respond to our job posting with your cover letter and resume (preferred via email) to the HR Manager. If you meet the minimum qualifications you may receive an Application for Employment and Applicant Survey Form to complete and return. The application will provide us with details of your knowledge, skills and experience as it relates to the position in which you are applying. It is important for you to complete the application completely to ensure that it can be submitted successfully. Any application with missing information may not be considered complete and may not be reviewed. Completing the application accurately and honestly also ensures your employment will not be rescinded for incorrect statements or information. As an Affirmative Action employer, we must monitor our equal opportunity employment and affirmative action plan and report the results to government agencies. Providing the survey information is completely voluntary. When we receive the Applicant Survey Form we will immediately keep it separate from your application. This form is NOT used for employment decisions. Once your completed information has been received, they will be reviewed. If your skills and experience are found to match the job opening, you may be contacted for a phone interview. Should you require reasonable accessibility accommodations for any of the hiring steps, please provide your request to the Contracts & HR Director.
Step 2: Phone Screen
If selected, you may receive a phone call from someone on the interview team. During this brief phone call, we will further explain the position, clarify information you submitted and ask some interview questions. You will also have an opportunity to ask some questions that you may have.
Step 3: In-Person Interview
If selected, you will be contacted to schedule an in-person interview. You may participate in one or more interviews. The interview will determine your suitability for employment. It will also provide you with an opportunity to ask questions. The interview is an opportunity for you to better understand the position you are applying for, and allow you to hear what it is like to work at Independent Lifestyles.
Step 4: Reference and Education Check
If selected, we will contact your references and school to verify the information you provided and ask questions to further determine your suitability for employment.
Step 5: On-board
If selected for the position, you will be notified via phone. Once a start date has been established you will receive a welcome letter and some new hire paperwork that will need to be completed before your start date. When you report for work you will continue with more “new hire” paperwork and receive on-boarding to our agency and your job.